Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer fun...

Well - essays are all submitted for my final year at International Christian College. In a matter of weeks, I'll be BA again. That's a bit weird - I was BA before, and then MA, and now I'll be BA again. I guess that makes me BAMABA. That's how I feel, anyway.

Until work starts on 14th September, I'm free! What on earth I am going to do with all this time... Well, go to Corsica with Yuko and the rest of the family, do a camp with Scripture Union at Glenshee (50 11-14 year-olds... sweet joy...) and move to London in a big van (bigger than the apartment we're going to move to, I think) with about a month to get settled, locate a church and a supermarket.

I'm also working at a few extra projects, including the Shizuoka International Translation Competition, and hopefully the Sir Peter Parker Speech Contest when applications get up and running. I've tried to enter both of these before, without success, but I'm convinced that practice makes perfect. The translation one particularly took me weeks last time around, but hey, that's what I've got.

Don't think we'll be able to do much else this summer, really. We have probably just about enough resources to keep us going until first pay packet arrives, so it'll be plenty of sitting in parks and bike-riding, plus 日本のテレビ・ドラマ. Let's hope the sun keeps shining...

Labels: